BRETT A. OSBORN, DO, FAANS, CSCS
Postgraduate (Residency): Department of Neurosurgery, New York University (NYU) Medical Center: 7/96-6/03.
Medical School: Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (Midwestern University): 7/92-6/96.
Degree Earned: Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.).
Class Rank: 3.
- Recipient of the Physiology Departmental Award for academic excellence.
- Recipient of the American Diabetes Association Summer Research award.
- Elected to Sigma Sigma Phi Honor Society (for academic excellence).
- Dynamic Pedicle-Screw Stabilization with Nucleus Replacement in Motion Preservation Surgery of the Spine: Advanced Techniques and Controversies, Elsevier 2008 (Chapter 79).
- Osborn, Brett A., June T. Daar, Richard A. Laddaga, Fred D. Romano, and Dennis J. Paulson. Exercise training increases sarcolemmal GLUT-4 protein and mRNA content in diabetic heart. J. Appl. Physiol. 82(3): 828–834, 1997. [Oral presentation at the American Osteopathic Association Research Conference in 1994: awarded Honorable Mention in student competition.]
- Frempong-Boadu A1, Houten JK, Osborn B, Opulencia J, Kells L, Guida DD, Le Roux PD, Swallowing and speech dysfunction in patients undergoing anterior cervical discectomy and fusion: a prospective, objective preoperative and postoperative assessment. J Spinal Disord Tech. 2002 Oct; 15(5): 362-8.
- Screening Patients at Risk for Stroke: An Interactive Computer-Based Method (Bayer-sponsored interactive computer-based presentation, AANS, 1998).
- Monitoring in Seizure Surgery: A Review of 168 Patients (oral presentation, CNS, 1998).
- Stryker Cervicore (cervical disc prosthesis) IDE Co-investigator: Aventura Hospital site.
- Aesculap Activ-L (lumbar disc prosthesis) IDE Co-investigator: Aventura Hospital site.
- Get Serious: A Neurosurgeon’s Guide to Optimal Health & Fitness. Book Publishers Network, 2014.
- Iron Man Magazine: Bimonthly columnist (Anti-Aging section).
- Neurosurgery Section Chief, St. Mary's Medical Center (West Palm Beach, Florida)
- Faculty member, Department of Surgery, University of Vermont School of Medicine.
- Course faculty: “Controversies in Cervical Spine Disorders,”
- Stryker Spine, November 2007.
- Technical Instructor Strkyer Spine:
- Cervical Laminectomy & Fusion.
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF).
- ABNS (American Board of Neurological Surgery): DIPLOMATE
Written exam: 97th percentile. Oral board: PASSED.
- NBOME (National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners) series (I, II, III): DIPLOMATE.
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine: DIPLOMATE.
- National Strength and Conditioning Association: Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS):
- Florida State Medical License: OS8838.
- West Virginia Medical License: 2348. (Former practice)
- New York State Medical License: 222876. (Residency)
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS).
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS).
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M).
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).